1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights are in, with video

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mcwlandscaping, Oct 4, 2009.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Here ya go!

4 Whelen vertex in front
    4 Whelen vertex in rear
    STL grille lights
    2 Whelen L32LAF beacons up top

Still to come are two Hella dual beam work lights in the rear and i'll also be putting two Whelen TIR3's under the toolbox on the backrack toolbox mount...all in good time though

Sorry about the crappy vid quality

Thank you Mr. Gates for your help with all of the details and install! It was fun!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zEAxmMPDDDk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zEAxmMPDDDk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

get some daytime pics, it looks real good man, i like the beacons

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  3. mcwlandscaping

Oh yea, forgot to mention that! Tomorrow i'll take daytime pics of the truck and post them in the reg. pics section! I was never for beacons until i saw those. I wanted this truck to look like a BA work truck and i think i've achieved the look i wanted! =D thank you for the compliments!

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Very cool!

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Thats mint man. Good Job........illeagal as all hell, but very cool.

6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

looks good man!! Kinda what I'm going to do to my '03 2500hd next week

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Looking good Mike. Did you get the LED's for the toggles straighted out?

8. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

looks great very busy

9. mcwlandscaping

Yea, i didn't think the fronts were going to look that illegal until after i did it! lol, law enforcement around here doesnt care as long as i'm not doing stupid stuff with them. I'll be changing the front to the same X pattern as the backs when i get a chance so at least it won't be a "wig wag" pattern. I know the police chief from a neighboring town very well and he absolutely loved them so that made me feel a little better!

Thanks for the compliments guys!

10. mcwlandscaping

Yes, i wound up redoing the entire panel in the end. I changed to a green colored LED that is smaller than the original red ones. It looks a little nicer and isn't as hard on the eyes. I left one red LED for the work lights as i dont want to accidentally leave them on when driving on the road and i also labeled all the switches as well! Thank you for all of your help as always! it is very much appreciated!

11. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

pics of switches??????

12. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looks awesome.. these vertex leds are really beginning to grow on me.. im beginning to consider switching my truck over from standard hideaway strobes to the vertex

13. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

i was thinking the same thing. those look awsome

14. mcwlandscaping

Just went out to try to get a pic of the switch panel as it sits but apparently something is wrong with my camera and i can't turn the flash off so its coming out like crap. Here is the thread with the initial build. So just imagine it now with just one of those red LED's where the second switch is and all the rest are now smaller green LED's that look a lot nicer. And the wiring for it is a lot cleaner now too lol

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=84575

15. Banger

Banger Member

Looks nice man.

16. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Thats funny I was thinking the exact same thing. But all that re-wiring doesnt sound so fun.

17. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Looks great but good luck seeing when your plowing. I use to work for our State Police and we got new Crown Vics in with white corner strobes and not nearly as bright as yours seem to be and when it was snowing and trying to drive (at night) you couldn't see 3 ft in front of you with the strobes going.

18. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

i am not a fan of front strobes for a plow truck IMO. they give me a headace bouncing off the plow and snow. also the plow blocks them alot of the time anyway. but they do look good.

19. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

very nice

i like how you got the Cruise lights working

personally i like stetting the beacons on rotate

20. mcwlandscaping

Again, thank you for the compliments guys! That's the thing about these lights in the headlights though, they are LED not strobe, BIG difference when it comes to reflecting off snow and the back of a plow blade.

Kitn1: I didn't wind up hooking up the cruise lights at all, would have been a bit more work and didn't turn out to be a look i was really up for anyway. I noticed those rotate patterns and was not a big fan lol, thank you for your info on the lights before i bought them! I really appreciate it!