1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lights are dim

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by chevysnowplow, Nov 14, 2008.

1. chevysnowplow

chevysnowplow Junior Member

hello, I have an 8.2 vee boss on a 98 chevy, everything works great but I noticed the lights are dim. I added a second battery and hooked neg to neg and pos to pos. Tested voltage at the oem plug and it is 12.7 and then tested it at the adapter plug and it was 11.5. I have a voltage drop of about 1 volt at each light, Shouldn't the voltage be more than that, do I have a bad ground, I am confused...........does the voltage drop that much because you plug the drivers side into the loom and then run two headlights off one side, your input would be helpful.....

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes a 1 volt drop just through the adapter is definitely more than it should have. May simply be due to corroded terminals/connections. Time to go over them, checking and cleaning them up.

Was this a new install?