1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lights 25D?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by vdaudino, Nov 5, 2008.

1. vdaudino

vdaudino Junior Member

At the end of last season my plow lights worked. I hooked up my plow today and there not working. The signal lights work but the head lights on my truck stay on. I have a 2000Chev Tahoe with a 25D plow with a serial# after 100000. Could it be my relay? I replaced it last year. Or is it the connections from my truck to the plow lights.

Thanks

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The relay could be a possibility. Are your connectors for the lights or the light harness connectors corroded at all?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

go to the relay, double check the connections. check the harness grounds, are you sure you have the passenger side light plugged in? Make sure the parking lights are working. the trigger for the relay is the passenger side ground/parking light. you could try triggering the relay by grounding the terminal the pink wire goes to and applying 12 volts to the terminal with the brown wire, you should hear the relay trip if it does not you have a bad relay

4. vdaudino

vdaudino Junior Member

It was the relay.

Thanks for the help.

5. vdaudino

vdaudino Junior Member

Update... After checking all my connections I replaced the relay without testing the old one. My plow lights started working. So I assumed it was a bad relay. My plow lights went out again. I knew all my connections were good and all my lights on the truck were working. So I looked closer at the passenger side parking light that Basher mentioned activates the relay. The light was working but it was not fully pressed into the socket. My light are now working hopefully for the season.

Thank You All for the help,

Vince

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Great diagnostics:salute: You understood theory:eek: Your headlights should be easy to trouble shoot on the fly because you got the Theory of how it works figured out.:nod: It's just a game of find waldo where the face keeps changing:D