1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting/Turn Signal Issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PlowErie, Nov 15, 2015.

1. PlowErie

PlowErie Junior Member

Hi Guys - new to the site! Lots of great info here... Hopefully someone can help...

I ran into an issue today installing my ProPlus (UltraMount - 3 port) plow on my 2008 F-250...

When everything is hooked up, without my headlights on, my turn signals work as they should on the plow. When I turn my headlights on (regardless of high/low beams) my passenger turn signal on the plow will remain constant, lit up but wont blink. Both turn signals on the truck work as they should and all headlights work as they should..

I've tried to do some testing.. The passenger side truck headlight (where the plow harness turn signal and headlight wires are spliced into the factory harness) act the same way... So I'm thinking the problem has to begin somewhere at the ISO module? Any ideas?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

New plow,old plow?

Two, three plug?

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

What do you mean by spliced together. The headlight is plug and play and on the passenger side you only splice the turn signal.

4. PlowErie

PlowErie Junior Member

Three plug.. Newer plow.. it has the newer style lights...

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

On pass side, I usually hook up turn and running lights, and just turn on driver side.

Explain splice please?

6. PlowErie

PlowErie Junior Member

7. PlowErie

PlowErie Junior Member

Your turn and running lights on the pass side is the "splice" I'm talking about.. I have just turn on driver side just as you described.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Any chance you have the signal and marker light wires reversed on the passenger side?

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I agree with this.

10. PlowErie

PlowErie Junior Member

The two spliced factory wires are yellow/purple(stripe) and purple/white(stripe)... these are the designated signal/marker lights which I've tested....

btw, I used a Quick Splice connector.. didn't cut any wires.

11. PlowErie

PlowErie Junior Member

Something I can test and double check tomorrow... but each green plow harness wire is clearly marked... but I'd be willing to switch just to see what happens..

The signals work when the headlights are off... its only when the headlights are ON when the PASS signal doesn't function properly. The drivers work fine.. Do you think the marker/signal light crossed wires would cause this?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

It was just a guess. When your lights are off are the signals on the plow equal brightness?

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think if you did have it wired backwards both signals on the plow would flash when you used your right signal.

14. PlowErie

PlowErie Junior Member

They are.. The pass signal on the plow seems to VERY slightly pulse when the pass turn signal is on...

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would double check the passenger side spliced wires. Short of that it's beyond my skill level. I'm not sure the signal and marker lamp wires go through the module, no need for it imo

16. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

What you seem to have is a three plug (at the grill) and a three port isolation module right? Sounds to me like you have a short between the headlights and the signals / park lights. On a three plug system there is a cable dedicated to all the plow lights. It has 11 pins and goes directly from the headlights to the grill plug to the isolation module. Since they don't sell three plug systems new any more its obviously a "new to you" system but never the less used. Have a close look at the wire from the isolation module out to the plow. Look for trauma to the outside of this cable. If you had an isolation module you could eliminate that as the problem. Would be nice if you had a friend with a three plug straight blade system to see if the problem follows the plow.

17. PlowErie

PlowErie Junior Member

Yes, three plug (at the grill) and three port isolation module. I wish I had another module to test but unfortunately I have to continue chasing wires...