1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting salt spreading on vbox spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by HolleysSnow, Feb 9, 2013.

1. HolleysSnow

HolleysSnow Junior Member

Picked up a light for our vbox buyers salt spreader. Have a good idea of where I am going to mount it. But wanted to see if you guys have any recommendations on where to mount it to light up the salt best. Pics would be great too.
  2. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

We put 2 lights on our vbox's. Both lights on the top of the hopper on either side so you can see your salt, plus helps with visibility when backing up when looking in driver side mirror as well as passenger mirror. Not sure how bright your light is, but this has worked for us.
  3. MGMatt

MGMatt Junior Member

I like to put a set of stop/turn/tail lights on the back that are wired to plug in to the trailer connector. and two sets of tractor lights. One set comes on when the spinner is on and are aimed to the sides. The other set are backup lights. i'm looking for a pic and will post one when I find it.
  4. MGMatt

MGMatt Junior Member

A little late but here are the pics of the lights.

[​IMG][/url] Untitled by MGMatt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url] Untitled by MGMatt, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013