1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting Problems on Ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TWrench, Dec 8, 2007.

1. TWrench

TWrench Junior Member

Hi all, new to plowing and recently installed a 7.5 ft Ultramount on my 99 dodge ram 2500. Everything on the plow itself works fine, except I can't get the left headlight on the plowframe to come on. The right one works good. Have checked the bulb by plugging it into the working side and it's good (the left bulb). Checked the wiring at the left headlight, all is hooked up properly I believe. The wiring harness is for a truck with quad headlights and mine only has singles, also. this harness has an isolation module in it, could this be causing the problem in some way? Is there a fuse or relay in the wiring harness that I don't know about and haven't checked? Any help would be appreciated. The whole experience with the plow has been one problem after another, so this is just getting on my nerves. Guess next time I'll just buy a new one instead of the constant fight that I've had with this one. Please give me any ideas you all have... Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  2. TWrench

TWrench Junior Member

Forgot to mention that the high beam indicator is on all the time as well, whether the high beams are on or not.

3. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member