1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by harborcovemgmt, Feb 5, 2009.

1. harborcovemgmt

harborcovemgmt Junior Member

Have Jeep Wrangler with a tm 6.5 Meyer Plow

Under my dash I have a switch so that when I have the lights on and the plow on the truck it switches between having the head lights on the plow on or the truck lights on.

Ok so I turned the lights on today and one light on the plow is on and the other light is on on the Jeep?

Were should I start to trouble shoot?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dan

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

there is a relay module on each side for the lights. check for power and ground at the plug. they do go bad . make sure all connections at the lights, connectors, etc are good.

3. harborcovemgmt

Are you talking about the little thing on each side of the engine compartment were there are three plugs that plug into each. One goes to the lights on each side. One goes to the conector for the plow on each side and then other I dont know were it goes.

4. no lead

yes. do you have power on the input plugs?

5. harborcovemgmt

Which plug whoule be the input leads. Are you talking about one of the plugs that connect to the thing on each side were 3 plugs all plug in together. Were does it come from?

6. no lead

goto the meyer logo on top of this page there you will find the wiring diagram. easy test is to unplug the two boxes and swap them side to side. if your problem goes to the other side you need a new one.