1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LIghting Problem. Please help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jcesar, Jan 27, 2007.

1. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I have an issue with one of my trucks. It is a 99 Ford f250 PSD. The interior dome light stays on, as does the cargo light till 15mph. The dash indicator for the door adjar light is on, but no doors are open, and all latches function properly. It is a quad cab, I guess they call it that. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
  2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

never mind. I fixed it.
  3. J29

J29 Senior Member

Door sensor, common problem on those. Had the one in my 99 done a couple of years ago. Glad to see you were able to fix it so quickly. J.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Ford uses the spring post on the door with a ground plate on the door frame on some vehicles. The brass or copper on both gets dirty and loses contact. I tried cleaning them and using dielectric grease on them. Grease is too thick I use WD40 monthly. The door ajar alarm - dome light coming on would drive me nuts.