1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lighting problem, meyer plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by daveklein1, Jan 31, 2009.

1. daveklein1

daveklein1 Member

I had one headlight out and the dealer told me to replace the fuses located behind the headlights on the truck. They cost $250.00.:cry: After I replaced them everything worked great The first storm came and hooked up my plow and headed down the road. The first bridge I came to, at about 60 miles per hour, it blew the fuses again. Any ideas before I spend another 250.ussmileyflag
  2. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Why are you traveling 60 w/ a blade on ?
  3. daveklein1

daveklein1 Member

blown fuses

Our jobs are spread out, mostly connected by highway. I have 420,000 miles on this Dodge, and it still runs like a top. I don't go over 60, but I not limited to any overheating problems either.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I hardly ever exceed 50mph on the highway with the plow on. There is just too much bounce steer with it on to go any faster! I had the wind steer my front end one time. I did 5 -90* shifts in the front end before I got it under control. The first time it went () I was sure the tires planted and I was going to roll. But it broke traction and I was able to get it under control after 4 more steering corrections. Good thing I made yellow snow behind the dumpseter before I left. When the truck lost control I would of wet my pants! It's one of those OH MY GOD moments! Then It's OH MY GOD I WoN !
  5. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

Get Snowplow lamps that does take that fuse.
  6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

what do you mean by fuses? do you mean the relay packs?
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

He was refering to the headlamp modules.

But I imagine he has it sorted out by now since this thread is 10 months old. :rolleyes: