1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting options

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by yamahartx, Dec 28, 2009.

1. yamahartx

yamahartx Junior Member
    from Iowa

I saw that snoway has a new kit out that will turn on the truck headlights when the plow is down.

Now I have had strobes on vehicles for emergency use. The type that replace the turn signal bulbs.

What I was thinking about doing is tieing them into this option. When the blade is down the strobes are on.

Any feed back?

2. JCE

JCE Member

I suppose there would be a way to wire it to make that happen, but when I'm plowing, I want my warning lights working all the time. Wiring it to the strobes would mean they would be off when backing up (and if you have the strobes in the back, you'll want those on when you back up with the plow up!) Just my thoughts....Here's a pic of my truck with the 4Sight system. I've replaced the plow lights with SilverStars, driving lights with SilverStars, and Headlights with SilverStar Ultras. Really lights up when your plowing!
    [​IMG]