1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting on my Ford

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mchur01, Dec 3, 2007.

1. mchur01

mchur01 Senior Member

Mixed my lights up a little. I did halogen rotors as main then LED strobes so I don't have to run the main all the time.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tbt9lEr__o8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tbt9lEr__o8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

I wish i could show you mine but the camera dosent like stobes. when mine are on at night, you tend to have to stop in your tracks to get your bearings.....i make cop cars look like bubble gum machines.. its exactly what every plower should have w these 4 wheelers all around sneaking up on ya.:cool:

3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

i wish i can see them you have a nice truck .

4. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

t.y good bud nice grocery getter you got there lil pally. LOL

5. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Do I get a hint of a little brown on the nose? Just kidd'n!

6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

well thanks but my truck get a work out on constant basies . maybe not be towing everyday but it does it fair share of hauling. hahaha

7. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

LED's are NOT Strobes. It seems everyone here likes to call them LED strobes, they are two totally different things!

....OK, rant over!

:cry:

8. mchur01

mchur01 Senior Member

I am aware of that. I install lots of stuff on the side, but the control units for the LEDs are referred to as, "LED Strobe Controls". No they are not true strobes but can give the same effect or more but at a lower amp draw and cheaper. Hence the reason they have addopted the STROBE name.

9. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

I was thinking along the same as m00nraker

This is the first time I have ever heard that LED's adopted the strobe name???

10. mchur01

mchur01 Senior Member

I am not saying that hes not right they are not true strobes in a sense. Strobe is defined as, "A light that produces very short, intense flashes of light. The ability of strobe lights to "freeze" the motion of rapidly moving objects by making them visible for only a fraction of a second". A true strobe light flash is produced by a electric discharge into a gas. I guess it would come down to a matter of perception and understanding. It is more of a strobe effect.

11. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I give those lower rear lights about 3 events, then.....toast!:eek:

12. mchur01

mchur01 Senior Member

Nope surpriseingly this is the second season for them, and I have been rearended twice since I put them on, just had to straighten the brackets back out.

13. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

I realize they have flashers that mimick strobe patterns, but the technology of the 2 is totally different, which its obvious that you know that.

Im just being a pain in the ass :jester:

14. Ultimate inc

Ultimate inc Junior Member

Ya ya, when you gonna get around to putting the rest of the lights on the other trucks?