1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting issues Power VXT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sagent, Jan 24, 2014.

1. sagent

sagent Junior Member

So I noticed my passenger light ( on truck ) would stay on when plow was on and toggle switch switched to plow. Now I notice the passenger side turn signal does not work on plow. All lights on truck work fine when plow is off and toggle switched to "truck". I examined the headlight adapters and as per attached photo the passenger side 8-pin connectors are not connected to anything. It appears it was installed like this from the Boss dealer 3 years ago. I assume there is an OEM plug that the headlight adapter fits into behind the headlamp in between headlights and the trucks wiring harness ?

The relay for the drivers turn signal is clicking and lamp is working. The relay for the passenger side is not clicking / working. It has 12 volts on the red wire / good ground but no power out to violet wire

All the plow headlights are working fine which is what I don't get.

Any help is appreciated.

2. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Telling us the make and model of your truck would be the first step to troubleshooting...
  3. sagent

sagent Junior Member

Sorry, 2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD. Plow was purchased Nov 2010