1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lighting issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sperbs, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Sperbs

Sperbs Junior Member

I got my plow mounted and working but the headlights will not work on the plow . they stay on the truck only. what could cause this? thank you
  2. Sperbs

Sperbs Junior Member

i have checked the wiring over and over it all seems to be correct any suggestions?
  3. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

check your relays what kinda wiring is it?

it should switch the lights over when your lights are powered on.

the parking light wire sends a signal to the relay to switch the power over from the vehicle lights to the plow lights
  4. Sperbs

Sperbs Junior Member

thank figure it out relay switch was coroaded badly thanks anyway]
  5. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

May need to put in a Truck to Plow lights switch. Most 1 pair of Snowplow Lamps come with switch & wiring map. Just need to put on 2 a 5-pole or 6 pole wire connectors. 6pole one is for those that have a lighted plow guide. White or Black is always ground wires, Blue wire are turn sinal, Yellow are Parking lights, Green Low Beam, Red = high beam, Brown = lighted plow guides to parking lights.
    Grote 1 pair 64261-4 part number. The connectors makes it for easy removal for off season storage.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009