1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting Issue MVP 3 and 03 Dodge

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Blaster99, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Blaster99

Blaster99 Junior Member

I had the Dodge dealership install the plow, but now when the plow is off my right side driving light and the right side High beam is very dim. Also when the plow is on there is no high beams and no DRL's. Any help before I take it back to the dealer would be helpful. The plow works fine.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Usually caused by headlight harness being installed incorrectly. Some of the harness connectors have A or B side. If these are not correct it will cause your issue.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Dodge dealers are good at replacing transmissions, why is Ram installing plows?

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They have a few extra tranny's their trying to unload.

5. Blaster99

Blaster99 Junior Member

I live in a small community where there is no one specialized in installing plows. The owner I know personally and has personally owned a couple of Western plows and has got his mechanics to install them. When I was thinking of buying one, I asked where to get it from. He told me than said he could get it in for me. Naturally I had them install it too. I am quite mechanically inclined myself but after taking one look at this wiring mess under the hood, I will just take it back to Dodge and tell them the responses I get from this post.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I see

follow Kimbers advise

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you have blowen headlight fuses you just need to rotate the headlight harness 180 degrees.

8. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Some headlight harnesses have four pins and two orientations. Flip it one way and its one kind of light, flip it the other way and it fits another kind of bulb. Each configuration uses three of the four pins on on pin is left out. Perhaps the installer has one side plugged into the wrong orientation? There is a slim possibility that the isolation module is faulty but in the ten years I have been installing them I have NEVER had a bad module out of the box.

At my shop we sell to distant community shops who install for locals. They often call us for technical support when they have a problem. So take it back to the dealer that installed it and ask them to call the shop that sold them/you the plow if they can't figure it out, they are obligated to help you.

9. Blaster99

Blaster99 Junior Member

Turns out it was a bad module.

10. mishnick

Assuming it was an isolation module I find it interesting because in the years since the isolation modules came out I have never found one bad out of the box. Since it was a Dodge dealer that installed it and not a Western dealer I would prepare for the blame game. Western won't give warranty until the part has been verified bad. They will look for bent or damaged pins and signs of excessive current. If I was involved officially I would suspect the Dodge dealer screwed up. Are the y prepared to eat the damage if it's found to be their fault?

11. Blaster99

Blaster99 Junior Member

The owner gave me his module out of his own truck. He told me he had issues with other modules in the past, so you might be right to think they are doing something wrong with installing them.

12. mishnick

There are multiple versions including the new "soft start" for the new high intensity headlights. Not sure if installing the wrong model would do damage as I always use what Quick Match recommends. It is actually difficult to do damage, other than physically. You can plug all sorts of things in wrong and do no damage. The system just doesn't work.