1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting Issue....Help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by stainlessman, Nov 4, 2012.

1. stainlessman

stainlessman Member

I have a 2010 F-150, bought new 5/2011, on 12/1/2011 , I had the Boss dealer install a new 7 1/2' plow. It worked great, in May 2012 while driving at night , on low beam , my lights would go out, I believe the parking and dash lights would stay on, if I turned on the in the bumper driving lights, the low beam lights would come back on. I took the truck back to the dealer, three men worked on it, one with a computer that said it was a ground Issue. The battery terminals were green and corroded. They cleaned them, reset the computer and the issue went away, until last week, it started again, so I unhooked the battery terminals, cleaned them , used the truck that night, same thing, out go the lights. Could the computer know the issue has happened and needs to be reset? If so why does the problem keep happening after I cleaned the terminals. Any help would be appreciated. I just don't know how to fix it.