1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by QKSnowRemoval, Dec 4, 2009.

1. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

Im having trouble with headlights and i dont know if i have something wired wrong or not.

When the plow is plugged into the truck the lights work fine , high beam icon goes on and off. But when the plow is disconnected from the truck the high beam icon stays on, but i still can use my high and low beams. It just bugs the hell out of me. So could i of wired something with the head lights wrong? and i also have this 29047 adapter still left. But it looks like with the harness i got there is no where to plug it in at.

I have a 3 port 2 plug system for a hts plow on a 98 dodge ram

2. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

On the hydraulic control harness26345 there are 2 fuses and at the end of that there is a flat plug (it may look to you like an additional fuse, on the headlight harness there is a square 4 pin harness. The 29047 harness plugs in between these two harness's. Have you tried working the plow yet?

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  4. 33yearsinsnow

from ohio

Yes that is what I was refering to, thanks for the picture

5. QKSnowRemoval

The plow works fine, and thats not the right harness. that one thats pictured is a 3 to 3 harness. I have a 3 to 2 harness.

6. twinman326

33yearsin snow

I figure you like that..Just giving a helping hand........

7. QKSnowRemoval

yeah i know you are helping, but then again u got anymore ideas

8. 33yearsinsnow

from ohio

Sorry about that I did not see you said you had a HTS plow. It is correct you do not use the 29047 harness, the reason you have it is becouse it comes in the headlight adapter box.
    Next question did you plug the Vehicle controll harness into the headlight harness? Did you check the plug in connections in the ISO box? You may want to unplug them and make sure you dont have a pin that is bent.

9. twinman326

10. twinman326

I sent him Qk a link showing a 4 mod, 2 wire....just to see if that was the right one

11. 33yearsinsnow

from ohio

The truck you have indicated has HB1 headlights so the light harness you installed should have been a 29050. This harness is for both HB1 and HB5 headlights. When installing on a truck with HB1 headlights you need to switch the connector. the instructions for this can be found at www.westernplows.com/pdf/29206.04_052407.pdf on page 10. Check it out I think this may be your problem.

12. twinman326

13. twinman326

I was just going to paste that link....U beat me to it

The "common" might be reverse

14. QKSnowRemoval

yeah all my connections are good and tight, i have hb1 or 9004 bulbs on the truck. But i think u might be right cuz i was looking at my manual. Page 12 right? i need to move the high low and common wires around, is this right?

15. twinman326

On the
    'oem"side, u might have to flip "A"??

don't understand why they make it so complicated

16. twinman326

The link the 33years sent you, look on page #10...it shows you

17. QKSnowRemoval

yeah ill have to have a a look at it more closely and read too, if i can figure it out i may call my dealer . But thankx so much for your help ill get back to see whats the deal with it