1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting Forum

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Ole Tower, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

I have a freind that has a NEW DODGE Hes going to plow with--HE got a Deal on a New Nos Tiwn bulb Rotator--Heres His Problem? His Plow is Electric & He*d like to know? what Voltage? Amps? the Rotator will Pull? With using the Plow & running the Twin Bulb Rotator--Over TAX His Electrical System?? any INFO Appricated--Thanks--OleTower--

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

It shouldn't. I only use mine when I am out by the road, or if there is other cars in the lot. Otherwise I turn on my strobes I have mounted in the amber turn signals of my 04 gmc. It should only pull at most 10 amps. Anything more it would a full size lightbar. I have never heard of that kind of light before either, could ya post a pic of it?

Ryan

3. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Light Forum

Rayan--its an 8 inch twin Bulb Rotator by Grote? the Bulbs say--35 Watts--I have a WEB TV unit & can*t post Photos--Hes mounting It on a BAR just in Back on the front of the Bed--w/ a Small 4 inch Rotator on the drivers side rear of the Bed also-- I just Bought ONE & will DO the same to MINE-- I prefer the Rotators to Strobes--as to ME they FLASH Better--especially during heavy Snow!--as Rotaors cover a wider Area!--360 degree Flashes-- instead of Pin Points of Strobes--just My Personal Preferance!--& to ME? Rotators seem to Penatrate More Distance when Its Snowing Heavy!--More FLASHES over longer Distances--but --they DO Use More Power!--Thus! Our Question??--this is My First Season Plowing w/ a Diesel & My Plows a Blizzard All Electric--so I*LL un-plug my Regular Driving Lights & just Used the Plow Lights until I SEE if? the Rotators over Load? Our Trucks Eectrical System?--Ole Tower--

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Something like this?
    [​IMG]

You'll be drawing less than 10 amps, more than likely. It shouldn't be any more taxing than a mini lightbar that so many other people run.

5. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Light Forum

YES! John thats IT! except Our base is Chrome-- --OleTower--