1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lightest single stage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by highlander316, Oct 28, 2009.

1. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

ok, what company makes the lightest single stage blower? I need something I can lift over the side of my truck EASILY. My Ariens 522's are too heavy by myself (over the side), and my guy is gonna take them this year anyway w/ our other truck to strictly do sidewalks. I need something that I can clean in front of garage doors or small sidewalks on my own. I'm not a big guy, so the easier the better. Thanks.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

what model is that? Isn't that electric lol?

I found the Toro PowerClear 180 online. Says 54lbs. Like I said, it's just awkward for me to lift the 522's (94lbs) over the side of my truck by myself cuz I have a hitch spreader on the rear.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  4. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

i carry a 21" 2CYL YARDMAN that i lift and slide in next to my sander

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Maybe a shovel?
  6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

the toro untra light is a KILLER>...

i too have a hitch spreader and need to lift over .....CANT BEAT IT
  7. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i agree the toro ultra lights are awsome, i'm not getting younger and they are easy to get in and out of the pickup box on top of the bag salt, have 4 of them and they work great
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Have two of those toros and buy used ones whenever I see them around...awesome machines!
  9. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Light, plenty of power, dependable, easy to find.
  10. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

Toro Powerlite weighs apox #40 2-stroke
    Light enough to carry up a ladder to use on roofs.

This would the very last snow thrower I would sell if I quit the business.

It's also a discontinued model - get them while you can.

You might be better served by a Toro 221Q if it's to be used on mainly walks and driveways. Weighs in at #74

New Model this year is the Toro Powerclear 180 Weighs in at #54
  11. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

Hey Exact serv. Did you say the powerlite's are discontinued or going to be, if they are, when did it happen, cuz i love them, let me know if you can, thanks Jim
  12. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

If you go to Toro.com you will see it is no longer current in the listing. Part of it may that the engine was made by Tecumseh? No engagement lever - kind of a safety issue? This is speculation on my part.

I'm considering picking up another one. It is my favorite for home use. Not as productive as the bigger Toros but very handy due to it's size and weight.

It can still be ordered online - local shops may still have some.

The new power clear 180 at just under 60# might just be the ticket for lifting over the side of truck bed.....if your back is good and in shape.

If not the 40# powerlite is pretty easy... unless you're really crippled.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  13. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

thanks for the info, i will see if i can still pick up a couple before they are all gone