1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lighted Plow Markers - Light Up The Edges of Your Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tastrike, Nov 18, 2011.

1. tastrike

tastrike Inactive

Light up the edges of your snow plow with these lighted snow plow markers. Check out the video at the below link to see how they light up the night, and how they flex in the cold Wisconsin winter.

http://www.streetrodelectrics.com/categories/Lighted-Plow-Markers/

They're made with weather proofed flexible nylon tubing, and a heavy duty mounting plate, these marker lights are built to be durable. We have been using the same set in the Wisconsin (where they're manufactured) winter for 3 years. All mounting hardware and installation parts are included.

I suggest looking at the standard (Non-LED) because they warm up when they're on, making them flex better.

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I could see this working well for trip edge plows, but I just can't see it on a trip blade. Those things get smacked around hard and you just never know what you'll hit.

3. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Those are pretty cool.

kevlars

4. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

I have a set on my 9'-2" Boss VXT and a set on my wings, they work great!!
    2011-02-21 18.04.02.jpg

2011-02-21 18.04.02.jpg

5. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

i find that the headlights do a pretty good job of lighting up my
    plow guides....

6. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

i made mine.... just like the look at night. i even put on on back of sander...

7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Headlights do a great job of lighting mine, but I did run lighted ones from JC Whitney a few years back. Stiff plastic (amber lighted bumper guides as they were called) was not nearly that flexible, but I mounted them on thin sheet steel behind the blade so there was some flex in the base- lasted several years plowing.(never got them wired up). The ones that broke were from me working on the truck, not pushing snow.

8. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

the county highway dept by me uses those on a lot of their newer plow set ups, escpeciall the wings too, so then cars driving by can see the wing out becasue you cant always see it. They are nice.

9. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

They look pretty cool, but also look like just another thing that can break.

10. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Im interested in how they are wired and dont get caught up

11. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Where did you find tubing?

12. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

just splice them into the parking lights on your plow lights

13. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Used the reg 2' orange markers u can buy anywhere and put 3/8 led rope lights inside...

14. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

How are they holding up when the plow trips?

15. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

I have a set on my plow and a set on my Boss wings with a quick connector for the wiring so I just plug them in when the wings are put on. I have never had a problem with them, used them both last year and they look brand-new.