1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lightbars

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by f350dieselemt, Dec 5, 2004.

1. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

Does anyone have ANY pics of trucks with lightbars on them... i am purchasing one tomorrow and i just wanted to see wut they look like???

2. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Here is the newest in the fleet.

Rick

[​IMG]

3. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Here's mine it's a 52" Whelen Edge

av349.JPG

4. avalancheplow

Closer of the bar

Av33_edited.jpg

5. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

f350dieselemt,
    What are you getting for a lightbar? I currently have 2 Whelen Mini Edge 4 strobe units. I was thinking about upgrading to led's, but maybe when I get a new truck. I like the fact that they are clear when they are off

6. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Avalanche,
    How many strobe heads and halogen heads do you have? Do you run white filters?

7. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

hey dmjr77

i likes the mini edge bars wit 4 or 6 strobes those are really nice

8. avalancheplow

Rundown of my bar
    4 amber corner strobes
    2 front facing clear strobes (only use during day they drive me crazy at nite)
    2 front amber halogen flashers
    2 rear amber halogen flasher
    2 takedowns
    2 worklights
    alleys
    I also have 2 parking light strobes and 4 strobes in my tail lights (normally don't use) and 2 SHO-ME 3" LEDs on my rear bumper facing sideways

9. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Here is a pic of my Vista lightbar

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  10. ultimate plow

from N. IL

Oval LEDs on rear cornors set on quad flash...

rear of dump.jpg

11. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

Wow

yo avalanch your more of a light wacker than i am.,.. but its awesome cause i love lights... i got mad lights in my personel truck...

12. avalancheplow

f350dieselemt thanks I think :D I plan to get more LEDs for my grill and other places. What kind of bar are you getting? Strobes, Halogen or LEDs?

13. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Avalanche,
    Has any law enforcement officer said anything to you about your white lens? When I had my Federal Signal Mini Jet (2 halogen rotator) I had clear in the middle. I got stopped by a State Trooper and he told me that the white in the middle was not legal for a plow/utility vehicle. I did not get a ticket, just a verbal warning and 2 hours later I had a full amber bar. I just thought I would let you know

14. avalancheplow

He's full of sh*t. I got pulled over last year before I had my bar for the hide-a-way strobes because the taillights flashed red. He told me you could only use amber and clear. I looked it up and it said you can't use blue, but pretty much anything else. If you use red they pull you over I stopped arguing with them and gave up. A guy around me even uses green and amber!

15. ultimate plow

from N. IL

In the lower section I have clear intersecting sweep lights in the cornors that are very bright. I have never had any cops tell me that I couldnt have them.
    Lots of guys around here use hide away strobe and flash red and clear and cops dont seem to mind.

16. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

my lights

i am getting a whelen LED LEF PATRIOT yellow and blue and clear in places..... i have 8 hide-a-way strobes in my truck... 2 leds mounted above my rear window in the back and sirens and airhorns

17. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

F350,
    Do you use your truck for both repsonding fire calls and plowing? I am thinking about joining our fire department and I was wondering if I should get another truck if I did.

18. ultimate plow

from N. IL

So wuts the sirens for?

19. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

THATS WHAT I HAVE ON MY TRUCK , IT HAS 8 STROBES , 4 L.E.D.'S , FRONT WORK LIGHTS AND SIDE ALLEYS . I LOVE IT.