1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lightbars.......

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowKid150, Nov 16, 2004.

1. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Yo guys. I am looking for an amber lightbar for the top of my Ford SD to replace the dinky one bulb strobe that got up there now..... Can anyone with a lightbar recommend one to me and maybe give a ballpark price on what i am looking at cost wise. I definetely want a magnet mount.... don't wanna be looking like the verizon truck in the off season :) Anyways, thanks in advance.

PS, if you guys know of a good place on the net to purhcase one, include that too!!!!

Gettin pumped up! Kev payup payup payup

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I just bought a LED mini bar from Southwest for 209.00. www.swps.net. They are made from show m 2 and its bright and low profile.

Regards Mike

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Several are list on eBay on any given day. Look under: strobe lightbar, all categories. The thing you want to watch for is the output joules. The more joules the brighter they are. I like strobe lights & personally prefer the whelen strobe mini-bar. I just purchased one of these on ebay for $200.00 shipped, which is 1/2 price of Galls.com. You can spend anywhere from $85.00 - ????? for a good quality lightbar. One of the sponsors (strobesupply.com) here at Plowsite has a good looking mini-bar for $159.00 + shipping. LED lights are the next new big thing, you might want to check them out before you purchse. To each is his own, you can spend as much as you want. I like to have plenty of warning power! :waving:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  4. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

To Boast

Hey guys thanks a lot for the speedy replies.... Hey Boast: Can you send me a link or something to the mini bar you got for 200 on ebay? i am a big Ebay fan and use it frequently. 200 is a reasonable price so if i can see where to find it i should be in good shape.

Thanks, Kevin

5. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Well are you looking for a mini lightbar or fullsize lightbar? If your looking for a fullsize lightbar, you definetly cant use magnets. On the mini bars you can!
    What is your price range?

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I have a full sized used light bar that ill let go preaty cheep. Pm me if your intrested...Rob

7. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

Lightbar

I just ordered one for my 1985. The brand name is ECCO. The light was about 105.00 dollars with tax.

8. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

go to www.galls.com they are a little high but they have EVERYTHINGand damb good cust. service

9. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

10. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

11. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

12. thestrobelight

thestrobelight Junior Member

if you have a email address i have a cool amber led lightbar brand new you might like

13. thestrobelight

thestrobelight Junior Member

led lightbar

New "48 led lightbar
    Features include
    · ONLY 2.1 INCH TALL Rhombic shape
    · 22 modules LED lights and 2 LED alley lights
    · 2 TAKE DOWN LIGHTS ARROW STICK ON BACK OF LIGHTBAR
    3rd Generation LED's
    · Control box with 8 flash patterns.
    · US Power supply
    ISO-9001, ISO-14001, CE Approved
    If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me, I also have a video of the led lightbar 270-834-0531 to order or thestrobelight@yahoo.com $540.00 shipped to your door

14. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

I've got a code 3 420 dual beacon that plugs into my cigarette lighter I got it for 100.00 It works perfectly fine.

15. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

online stores and catologs are good but i dont know where you are in the philadelphia area but in eagle which is about 15 min north on rt 100 from me is a great emergency lighting store called j-tech their number is 610 4584334 and they have great lights and you can go in and try them out too

16. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Um, guys..this thread is like a year and a half old.