1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lightbars and Garage doors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLM-1, Dec 6, 2004.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I am getting a new GMC 2500HD at the first of the year. I will be setting this truck up for plowing and be adding all kinds of lights. Will this truck fit under a standard garage door with a light bar? I was looking at the whelen edge. I really want to light up the area. Is that one of the best light bars? I will be putting hideaway strobes and a few other things. Also, is it best to mount light bars to the roof of the truck or to something like a Back Rack? Pictures and advice would be helpful!!
  2. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

your truck should fit in a garage with out too many probs. i can barely fit in mine with 3" of lift and 35's. i am making a light rack that will pivot and rotate downards and then beable to cruise in the garage. I am just going to use round tube and make a pin to hold it in place. Right now i have to take the light off everytime i go in.
  3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

If you look at aw direct they make a flip over mount. Makes it much easyer to fit in low clearace areas...Rob
  4. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I have the edge bar and welen is a quality product. Not sure what size is standard but I don't fit in the garage