1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lightbar?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate lawns, Feb 10, 2003.

1. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

Hey guys,
    I cant decide what to get! I like the mx7000's halogen and strobe
    I like in the mx. Also, I like the whelen edge bars. I plan on mounting it on a dump truck. Dont have the truck yet, but it a small dump, ford f-350, chevy 3500, dodge 3500. which bar should I get? The 9medge bar or mx7000? What kind options should I get? Should I mount it on the dump bed or cab? Sorry for
    so many questions. Just getting my plans together!
    Thanks!!

Ultimate lawns and more,

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

If i was to out fit a dump i would do rear strobes in the apron and mounted in a box on the side where the latches are with high brake lights.Then i would do hidaways in the front signals then put to whelen 30 watt s360's on cab protector with a highlighter or mini jet JM-FAST in the center of the cab protector.

3. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

Here are a few things to consider.

A. Body mounting of light bar. You will need to order it with like a 30' cable so that it will be able to reach.

B. If you do go with the halogen rotary you will need to calculate the total amp load with the bar on + headlights, heater fan, wipers, and electric plow pump if you have thet type of pump. Do not want to have overloaded electrical system or a faliure in the middle of a storm.

Here are some alternatives:

A. Mount a 360 strobe to the roof & get 2 surface mount LED's one either side of the tail gate.

B. Mount 2 360 strobes one on each side of the cab shield and above mentioned LED's if desired.

Just some thoughts.

4. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Go with the Edge. I have the Edge on both of my trucks and wouldn't trade them for anything. They are brighter, they draw less amps then the rotators and they don't have any motors to freeze up. Besides you can always add more options to the edge bars andparts are easier to come by down the road.