1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lightbar

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 90plow, May 9, 2002.

1. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Hey i know its off subject but noone goes on the other threads everything is dead on this site. I have a Whelen Light bar on top of my truck, my friend got me thinking about selling it. I looked it up and was shocked to find out that brand new it sells for 1100 dollars roughly. I was wondering what you think I could get for it.

[​IMG]

Lookin to make some cash to put in a stereo and i'm selling the truck its mounted on.
    any thoughts would be great thanks in advance
    Eric

http://www.whelen.com/towedge.htm
    Its the first one on the chart

2. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

more info

Its on a dodge truck, its about 3 or 4 years old as far as I remeber when it was put on can't remeber exact age. Probabaly wont include power supply with the bar. I was thinking maybe $400-450???? What do you guys think it's the exact same one as in the pic. I dont know what to ask for it and how should i take it off the truck?

Last edited: May 9, 2002
  3. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

since nothing can go wrong with them and its a nice one why not keep it?

4. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Why are you not including the power supply?
    I would be interested in it if it was complete and the price was right.

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

well The light bar comes with a the power supply 90 watt I belive he must mean the control box is not includes with it.I have a whelen bar and the only other thing i had to get was the switches and fueses.to put a price on it you can get them at galls for a little more than the 400-500 dollar range so It's really hard to say .No year or hours used makes it hard to price for me any way.If it's old and needing strob lights it could be expensive to re lamp.

6. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

The light is no more than 3 years old. My boss put it on used it one year and then didnt use it again. I used it again this winter about three times. Everything works there arent many hours on this unit and all it has is a switch to turn the storbes on there isn't a control box. Where would the power supply be located??? I couldnt find one unless i'm looking in the wrong places. The reason I dont want to keep the unit is i am selling the truck it is mounted on and it will probably be a long time or never when i get into plowing again:( ...... I also wanted to sell it because i need some money to put accesories and a stereo in my new truck I bought. If I knew I was going to buy a plow tommorow or even next year i would keep it. But what do you guys think i could sell it for??? With the power supply as oppsed to without?
    Thanks
    Eric

Last edited: May 10, 2002
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Eric, instead of trying to put a price on it, why don't you have your parents list it on ebay and take what you get?

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

At the very least, you can do a search on ebay under "lightbar" to get an idea what it might be worth. There's always a few of them there.

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I would say pelican is right do an ebay search then list it with a reserve .The power supply is internal I have 2 on mine that one may just have one 4 strobe model? they are located in the center of the bar.

10. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

internal

so if it is internal the bar is complete this model only has four strobes. How much is an e-bay account and how do i get one who do i contact i mean?
    thanks
    Eric

11. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

www.ebay.com and read all about registering and the fees. You'll need a credit card. I thought you had to be 18 years old, but the wife says you don't.