1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lightbar

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by truck1500, Sep 11, 2003.

1. truck1500

truck1500 Member

i have a 93 f-150 and was going to hook up a rotar warning light on it and hook it to a switch. when i run the wire from the switch to the battery the flasher does not work. is it something with the older vehicles that it does this. i use the outlet plug in the truck and it makes the flasher work. any advise helpfull.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Let me get this straight,the light works from the cigarette lighter,but not when hooked to the battery through a switch ?

If that's the case,are you hooking up both a power and a ground to the battery ? It needs both to work,and they must be hooked up with the correct polarity. The switch you have is good right ? and it is turned on ? try bypassing the switch to see if it works.