1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lightbar help

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by JDWalkbehind, Apr 6, 2009.

1. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

ok need some help with my lightbar. i have a whelen edge 10000. Before i tried to put everything in the truck i just hooked the stuff up, ran the power from the batt to the bar, and ran the wires from the controler to the bar. it was all hooked up to the truck, so they had the same ground, i put an add a fuse in for the controller and i had power to the controller MPC01, also had the power from the batt to the bar fused. is there something i'm missing that i need in order to have the bar work? Any help would be great. thanks

nick

2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

is the mpc programmed to work with that bar

3. JDWalkbehind

To be honest i'm not sure. i was told it was all working when i got it. Is there a way to check if its programed or how hard is it to program it? or would i be better off just getting a different controller? Thanks

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

did you test the bar at all to see if its working before you added the controller?

5. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

did u connect the data line from the controller to the bar. the 10,000 operates on the b-link system and to program it you need the b-link programmer

6. JDWalkbehind

Goldpro i was told it all worked when i bought it. is there a way to test it without the controller?

Kitn1mcc- yes the data line is connected i'll double check to connections to be sure. Is the programmer expense? An do you know if it would be hard to program it? thanks

7. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the programmer is not cheap best to bring it to a whelen rep

8. JDWalkbehind

alright well thanks for all the help i'll have to find a whelen rep and talk to them. thanks again!

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

10. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

That lightbar will only work with that type of controller. The lightbar and controller are basically a computer system the "talks" to each other.
    Good luck.

11. JDWalkbehind

Goldpro- thanks for that link it's helping me a lot

Massfirefighter-that helps too. i wasn't sure if that was the only controller that would work with that bar or not.thanks