1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lightbar Control box locations

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cfdeng7, Aug 23, 2009.

1. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

Hey guys i just got a whelen freedom lightbar and i dont know where to mount the control box. Anyone have pictures of where there controls are mounted? im mounting it on my 2000 f250.

Thanks

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

take a picture of your dashboard area preferably around your floorboard area

3. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

depending on the size of your control box basically right under what loooks like you lil cubby hole area storage space hole ... then guide your wires right under your dash up to your firewall where your steering wheel goes through you may have to drill about an 1 inch hole thats what i did ..

5. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

welcome to the freedom lightber family.

what model did u get?

also whats the size of the control box?

most mount them under the dash. you could also invest in a mount for it. one of the switch box radio siren mounts. it screws to the floor and you just have to fasten the swtch box to it and its all set. could also do a scanner there and CB it you have them.

6. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

its actually a all custom bar. i have a good friend at whelen :nod: 60 inch fully populated all amber led. takedowns alley lights and rear takedowns. rear traffic advisor cruise lights :drinkup: and ya i was looking into those mounts i was also thinking maybe in the center console?

7. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

I am going to put all of my controls in my center console my six switch box all my toggles for hide-aways and LED's plus my traffic adviser controller. also my Yeasu 2800 radio if there is room

8. plowman4life

sounds like one hell of a bar. what kind of board does it use. is it the LC,SC,wecan or freedom 2 wecan

also center console is a great place to mount it if you have the room.

9. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

umm not actually sure he just finished building it so he still has to install it ill ask him when we put it on and be sure to post pictures. im also putting hide a ways in the tail lightsussmileyflag

10. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

here is my setup

Whelen cencom controller with havis shield box

11. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

12. plowman4life

13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Man that whole interior needs cleaned man lol

14. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i want to see this bar man......get pics and vids...

15. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

i X2 that. we need a vid and pics.

16. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

ive actually been so busy i havent even installed it yet but its goin on sunday ill be sure to post some pics and videosussmileyflag

17. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I know the feeling of being busy. I'm a picture taking fool and I haven't hardly gotten any lately.

18. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i dont know if you decided where you wanted to mount your switches yet
    if your truck has the overhead console in it like my 05 you might want to consider this
    [​IMG]

19. Mike_13

Mike_13 Member

that's a good idea Colligan

20. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

unfortunately it doesnt ive decided im just going to mount it to the dash. i was going to put it in the center console but id rather have easy acess to it on the dash.