1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lightbar cleaner

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Mar 7, 2007.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys anyone know of a cleaner to use on some lightbar domes? I need to put a shine on these domes that are on my dad's lightbar. Anyone have any ideas? I have heard of a
    3M cleaner but i don't know the rest of the name. Thanks guys

Ryan

2. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Theres stuff called Plexis works great. Or you can use crome polish that works well also on plastics. I use crome polish on frosted headlights, you know when they turn yellow and dingy. The more you use it the cleaner it gets.

3. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

Plexis it dose work great

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Where can one get some of that plexis? Thanks guys.

Ryan

5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Sometimes its tough. Usualy Auto Zone or Murrays. White bottle red or blue writing on the front of it.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Whatever the car wash uses for detergents do an excellent job cleaning my lightbar lenses

7. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Thanks for your help guys, I went to a local dealer and he sold me some cleaner that federal signal sells and that seemed to help alot. I will probably try everything though. It is cheaper than buying new domes, which are about 40 bucks a piece. Thanks again.

Ryan