1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light upgrade

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pkenn, Oct 7, 2010.

1. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

i have the smartlights on my plow and they are getting kind of beat. i was hoping to be able to put smartlight2 lights on...any thoughts? is it a pain in the a**? are there any other aftermarket lighting options out there??

2. griggsy75

griggsy75 Junior Member
    from indiana

light switch

it shouldnt be that hard to hadd the smart lights, you will need to add a relay kit to your wiring harness and install the lights give Tom a call at Mid-State truck 317-849-4903 he can walk you thrue the install

3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i converted mine, unplugged the old ones, had to pigtail for the new light plugs and wired them up worked great till i found out there was a recall and now i have to put hids in them!!!

4. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

YEAH! Some BOSS lights are kind of cheesy, straight from the factory. I have a pair of FEL lights I'm going to try out. Halogen Lows and HID High beams. If I ever get around to it.

5. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

In order to upgrade to the new Smartlights, you have to replace the lightbar, the headlights, and the plow-side wiring harness. Its fairly easy to do and takes about an hour to complete. If you want the "Dual-Burn" headlight feature, you need to add the Dual-Burn relay kit to your truck-side wiring harness. We converted our plows but didn't feel the need for the dual-burn truck side relay as the new lights are brighter anyway. Our local dealer sold us the complete packages for I think $400 per plow. See their website at www.cuttingedgesnow.com and get their toll-free number. Call them for the lighting upgrade package, they are great guys to deal with.