1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Truck Snow Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by royals30, Oct 20, 2014.

1. royals30

royals30 Junior Member
    from MO

I'm looking into buying a Blizzard LT (Light Truck) snow plow since i purchased a 1/2 pickup this year. I know they are built for this type of truck but how well do they work?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

The plow should work fine for residential, but how will you do it with only 1/2 a truck???? Did you buy the front half or the back half?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  3. royals30

royals30 Junior Member
    from MO

1/2 Ton. Oops

4. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

I have been running a Ford F150 with a BOSS 7'-6" poly straight blade for 3 years now without a single problem. I do have better shocks on the truck, that is all I have done to the suspension. I have never done anything else to the suspension, and never had a problem. I personally feel the Ford trucks are better equiped to handle a plow than the GM's but that is just me. The truck plows 100% commercial, so don't be afraid to use it for that.

5. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

I have 2011 silverado 1500 using drive pro 6'8 and all commercial plowing and couple driveways here and there and truck has been perfect just plow in 1st gear.