1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Trouble.

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ThatGuySnowPlow, Dec 23, 2015.

1. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

I bought a strobe light from a pawn shop today and have a question. The cord has been re-wired and I think it used to have a multi function switch before. When I plug it in the light goes through 8 different functions all the time. How can I find out the brand and if new cord/switches are available. It's a LED white/amber!
  2. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

3. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

lights with switching flash patterns usually have three wires. white, black, and red. white is the trigger wire, red and black are power. when 12 volts is put to the trigger wire, it changes the flash pattern.
    my guess is that both the white wire and red wire are both hooked to the 12 volt power source, and this is what is making it constantly run through the flash patterns.
  5. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

My thoughts exactly.