1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light switch setup

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

I am looking for some ideas or pictures of how to set up my switchs and all the fun stuff that goes on the inside of the cab. I will have a cb, strobe light on top hardwired rear lights front lights fog lights salt spreader and a few extra acc plug ins. It is going in a 91 f-250 reg cab. I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of how they have it set up. I am also looking for a main switch box with 5 or 6 light up toggle switchs just something basic. any help would be great
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

3. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Here is a link to a thread with pictures of the setup in one of my trucks.

The switch box I'm sure is what you're most interested in and that came from Sirennet. It took forever to get so I'd suggest getting it from somewhere else but it is a Lion Hart (sp?) brand 6 switch box with 5 of the switches being 20 amps and one 40 amp.
  4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I've got this in both my trucks.
  5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Snowybowtie I have those same switches from radio shack they work great alot cheaper than spending what they want for a box already made.
  6. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Got the same switch box as Pelican for all the Fire Dept. lighting on my truck. Not to pricey and works great.
  7. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Got this from Whelen for use with their strobe bar. It switches 30 amp relays under the dash, so the switches are small, low current.

8. KRC

KRC Junior Member

This is what I have in my 2003 Ford F-250 Superduty. It is a whelen pcc-s9 lightbar control. It has a 3 position pursuit switch and 5 push button switches, with 1 momentary switch, used for changing from hi to low power. I use it to run my whelen edge 9000 light bar. I have hide aways in the front and rear of my truck, and one switch is used for my work lights on the back of my light bar. I got the switch box on Ebay for about $25. they sell new for about $200. It was very easy to hook up. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Well I tried to attatch a picture, but it says the file is to big. Email me and I will send you pictures if you want. Kcjm2002@yahoo.com
  9. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I always try to get factory switches for options i dont have and wire em to that. I like a more factory look. Just me though and sometimes its not possible to do it with the vehical or the amount of switches. Or i try to hide em.

Check out Jegs and summit or Galls. Most racing switch pannels are pretty nice but might be kinda pricey
  10. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

Illuminated Green Rocker (250 Volt Neon)
    Snap In Panel Mount
    Patented Mounting Ear Construction Accommodates Hole Range From 1.072" - 1.125" Long X 0.827" - 1.00" Wide
    15 Amp 250 Volt AC, 20 Amp 125 Volt AC Rating

would these for for hooking up all the lights and acc that i need .. I know it would be one switch ber acc. let me know please