1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light reflectors came loose

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gc3, Jan 13, 2011.

1. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I have a 2 year old vxt. I hooked it up and noticed that inside both headlights theres a reflective piece that gos around the lowbeams and reflects the light back to the cover. I called the dealer by me and he said to silicone it back in place but that didnt sound right to me. Anyone ever have this happen to their boss plow lights?

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Boss makes a hell of a snow plow but can't build a headlight to save their lives. Always been this way.

If you and I started a plow headlight company and contracted to Boss, we would be sitting on a beach right now watching the bikini modeling contest and sipping Coronas.

3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Yea I had another dealer tell me they'd put a screw through the bottom. A service bulletin told them to do it that way.

4. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

I had one come loose in my 3 year old v plow after a couple of months of use the first winter. The dealer would repair it under warranty, but wasnt worth a 45minute trip to the dealer for just that. Doesnt really seam to hurt anything? I agree the headlights could be a bit better. Other than that great plow!

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well they finally got the aim problem down from what i've heard with these new lights.

6. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Take the plow back to your dealer, Boss pays the dealer to remedy the problem as it was a warranty issue

7. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

so this is the smartlight or smartlight 2's??????