1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light question?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by royallawn, Dec 11, 2005.

1. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

how do the night saber lights work? what is the module for? can they be hard wired?
  2. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Ive often wondered if the modules could be bypassed. My setups working fine right now so Im less inclined to worry about it but the module is a change over relay actually. They actually power the lights, like a relay would power any other 12 volt item if you used one. It also swaps the lights from vehicle to plow, but the truck lights can be dimmed down to just running the side markers etc manually so.

But I dont really see any reason they couldnt be hardwired. Keep in mind you have turn signals as well up there.

If you do this let us know how it pans out.
  3. Whip

Whip Member

The modules are only to make installing the system easier. There are connectors for sale on eBay-Item # 8020936502 that allow you to install Sabers onto your existing plow light wire harness without having to remove it or worry about installing the module kit. I have done this myself with the old 12 wire system. As Killswitch said, you could wire them directly to the vehicle.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2005