1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by robison_01, Feb 22, 2009.

1. robison_01

robison_01 Junior Member

got a 99 dodge ram 2500 with western plow lights went out on plow work.they work on truck so thought that it was relay then i noticed my dash lights went out every thing works but no lights. still relay or should i be looking for sumthing eles?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Did you unplug plow harness and make sure vehicle lights work properly? How many relays are in your system? If so check inline fuses.

3. robison_01

robison_01 Junior Member

there are 4 relays all to do with lights my truck lights do work fine

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

There are 2 inline fuses that go to the plow side relays, make sure there is power to the fuses (red wires). Check the brown wire to the relays for power with the marker lights on

5. robison_01

robison_01 Junior Member

both fuse are good have no running lights either

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Check fuses on truck for running lights, If you have a trailer plug check that also or for a bad headlight switch.

7. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

If your vehicle running light fuse is blown you should check your turn signal and running light connections in the plow lamps.Sometimes the wires break and short out.

8. robison_01

robison_01 Junior Member

thanks guys was a relay and blown fuse break in wire caused this