1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light problems.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Bossman 92, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have 2 different sets of problems on 2 trucks...

1) A 99 f250 neither the brake lights work or the turn sigs.

2) A 00 f350 the brake lights are on when the head lights are turned on and also when the brakes are applied.

I am sure it is somthing simple, but it is raining out and I need to work on somthing else.

Thanks Bossman

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the fuses are good the likely (and very common cause) is the multi function switch (turn signal switch). Well known to cause those two issues when they're dieing. Not a hard job to change. You can check the pin out to see if you've got power in and out of the switch...you'll likely have it going in, but not out. Hence a bad switch.

Dig into the trailer plug socket and I think you'll find corrosion inside the rear of the plug. They like to corroded internally and will cause your exact issue.

3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks, I hoped you could shed some light.

Bossman