1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light problems

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by casepuller, Sep 3, 2007.

1. casepuller

casepuller Junior Member

has anyone had any problems with lights on there 06 dodge I have a boss v blade and the dealer says the truck does not recognize the plow it shows no ground and the fog lights work but not the headlights

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

He's using the wrong harness or adapters and may have to change the 1157 Bulbs on the plow also due to amp loading and the computer on the dodge

Jerre

3. casepuller

casepuller Junior Member

the plow was installed by a boss dealer and was rechecked by dodge and the boss dealer and was told by dodge that this was a dodge problem and that it didnt matter whose plow it was thanks

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Jerry maybe right, but give the fuse-box a look dodges have a history of back feeding light circuits. A circuit with a blown fuse for one light may back feed another.
    Gust a thought before you spend any money.
    Make sure your switch for the plow lights is the off position when the plow is off.

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

If it's triggering the computer to drop the T/S or Headlight circut then I'd recommend that you look into LED 1157 Bulbs for the plow.

Jerre

6. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

DRL & non-DRL

I hope you have solved the problem.

If not (and my dealer overlooked this also) Dodge comes with either option on day running light (at least until '03) and the adapters are different for each.

just one more of the many things it could be.

7. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

problem fix

my 06 is doing the same thing what fixed the problem on the truck? did your high beams work too cause i only have high beams no lows.

8. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Try calling my dealer, General Welding 1-800-wny-boss. They can really help you out. They are very knowledgeable. I know they help Spruce landscaping out with headlight problems last year.

9. casepuller

casepuller Junior Member

my dealer hard wired the plow lights kind of sucks because truck lights are on as well as the plow. seemed to work until the last storm when it was tripping the circuit. im kind of nervous about putting a plow on our new 07 2500 and am wondering how much of aproblem it is or if it is just my 06

10. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

WOW!!!

I hope that you got a signed paper from the dealer that they would fix any additional problems that this caused.... I would be more inclined to follow up any leads that JERE threw out than let that happen....he's a plow a dealer, One of the most respected on the boards....(you too Basher.:waving:..)

I have gone several rounds with my dodge dealer because of plow issues & just hope yours didnt just screw your warranty....

11. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

My right front turn signal shorted out again, for the 3rd time. I'm starting to get annoyed. My dealer fixed it last time, cut some wire out and soldered a new piece in. It's just getting annoying. Can't they fix the problem right? :realmad:

12. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

You are lucky that any lights work if they're wired this way - too much for the computer to reconize (over current).
    I don't know how you can stand the truck lights bouncing off the back of the plow - especially while it is snowing.

13. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Try dielectric grease on all your splices and relay connections. ..it does wonders.