1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light problems

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Post Mowing, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Post Mowing

Post Mowing Member

I have a 2001 chevy 2500 and i put the wiring harness in and flipped on the light the only lights that i could get on was the high beams. the lows would not even flick. I didnt have the plow hooked up but that should not matter because it would be the same as driving at night in the summer. any one got an idea?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Was this a used light harness off another truck? Are you sure you have the correct head light adapers? The part# for the adapters for you truck would be: MSC04601

3. watertownmain

watertownmain Junior Member

Make sure the adapters are plugged in on the "A" side.

4. Post Mowing

Post Mowing Member

The light adapters pulged in fine it was off of a 2000 classic body. what is the "A" side?

5. GA73

GA73 Member

look on the plugs the A must match the A on the opposite plug. they can be plugged either way. one way is positive ground other way neg ground

6. jryden145

jryden145 Member

I thought that A side was for 2003 or newer chevys.

7. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

no lights

if this is a 13 pin plug smart hitch 2 plow has a two connector plug with white/yellow red/yellow wire the correct orientation for 88-newer gm trucks is red/yellow red/yellow -white/yellow white/yellow.on page 16-17 in the boss installation manual.available on line.

8. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

lights

you may have a problem with the relays if it is a 13 pin smart hitch 2.they run the lights also one for high beam one for low beam.