1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by AboveTheCut, Feb 11, 2007.

1. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut Junior Member

this just started the other day. dodge 3500 with meyer e60 pump and 8.5 ft blade. all plow lights worked fine until the other day. now when i use my left turn signal, it alternates blinking between the parking light on the truck and the parking light on the plow (nite saber). if i use my right turn signal they blink together. here's the real problem. if my headlights are on, when i signal left my headlights start to blink on and off opposite ot the left turn signal, (plow light, headlight on the truck). hopefully, this makes some sense. no bulbs are burned out that i can tell. any suggestions?

2. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Well if I had to make a s**t guess out of the blue I would suspect a grounding problem and begin to hunt for a bad/shorted ground maybe. Better get ready, snows coming.payup

3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a Meyer and the modules that the truck wires and the plow wires connect to short out after a period of time from the salt juice off the road. Its a bad,bad set up.

4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

as said ground problem