1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Problem

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Lazer Man, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

Folks I've got a '99 SD that my brake lights are stuck on, plus my left turn signal when I put the signal on just stays brite but not flashing. I know usually that means a burnt out bulb but I can't find any burnt out. I unpluged my 7 pin trailer harness inside the cab it was shorting out my lights. That fixed problem of blowing fuse, now this. Anyone got a clue?

Bob :D :D :D
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might be your brake light switch they go bad all the time. AutoZone had them the last time I replaced one. If you have the repair manual it tells you how to replace it or if there are other controllers involved.
  3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

brake light switch as stated, and for the signals try the flasher, I seem to remember those trucks having a seperate flasher for each side
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The multifunction switch in the steering column may be a problem too.
    My turn signals, hazards and brake lights feed tru it on my 89. It also has the tilt latch on the turn signal stalk. I don't know if your year truck would have the same setup.