1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tattood_1, Oct 27, 2012.

1. tattood_1

tattood_1 Member

I have a western ultra mount. Im running a 4 port 4 plug iso module. I have right side low and high, but only left side high. Got power ging into module nothing coming out. Checked the wire for continuity(sp?) and is good, not broke. Its on a 95 F-350 if it matters. Module bad? Right now I have the truck connector plugged into the light so I can have lights. Thanks for the help.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

http://library.westernplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/22373.07_110108_for_web.pdf
    Have a look at this link on page 34. This shows the four port isolation module wiring system. Notice that both the right and the left headlights have their own dedicated plug at the iso module. I would try turning on your headlights and then see if you are getting a signal from the left side low beam at the yellow wire (pin a) on plug #3. If you are not getting that signal sent to the iso mod then it won't pass it on to the plow lamp so then you need to look at the connections at the headlight itself and examine the harness from the headlamp to the modle for damage. If you are getting power there then go to plug #2 pin B. Unplug it from the module and do a continuity test from there to the low beam wire in the headlight. The harness could be damaged between the module and the grill plug, the plug could be missing a pin or perhaps the headlight harness on the plow is damaged. If you find that wire is good all the way to the headlight then I would say try another module.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  3. tattood_1

tattood_1 Member

I finally figured it out. Had to jump a wire to make it work. My harness came off of a Chevy apparently and it was different. Thanks for the response.