1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Problem on chevy.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by murphy7185, Dec 5, 2010.

1. murphy7185

murphy7185 Junior Member

We switched a min mount 1 plow from a 01 chevy to an 06 chevy. Wired everything identical. We have high beams but no low beams. We have tried every single combination with the 4 port fisher isolation module. Pin F 23401 W 26386. Pin 26135 B/D 01351. The lights on the truck not the plow will not go low beams. High beams work, blinkers everything. Any ideas?

2. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Murph, GM changed their wiring from a positive common to a negative common in 99 to 02 then back to positive common in 03, to re-use the 99 to 02 headlight harnesses in the 03 and up trucks the wiring at all the headlamp plugs must be reconfigured and a couple wires at the iso-mod plug ends must be switched, the four port module headlight harnesses are different for those years (port 3 and 4 harnesses), you can't receive personal messages yet, but if you can pm me or get your e-mail address to me I can send you the wiring reconfiguration diagrams, all you need is a pick tool and a little time 15 to 20 minutes to change the pins around.

4. murphy7185

murphy7185 Junior Member

my email is ryan@ramconstructionme.com. I went to the fisher dealership local to us. I got a configuration plug. The guy to configure the configuration plug for negative common and then try that? Does that sound right?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  5. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Where the plow harness plugs into the truck headlight harness, plug it in backwards and I bet the lights will work fine. You have to take the plow side plug apart and swap the wires around. My plow was on a 2001 GMC and I put it on a 2006 and had the exact same problem.

6. avc8130

avc8130 Member

Where the plow harness plugs into the vehicle light harness, configure the plugs so the yellow wires are connected on both sides.

I had the exact same problem and was about ready to light the whole truck and plow on fire over it!
    ac

7. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I hear that! I've spent a lot of time and money, only to end up with a cob job.

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

flip the connection to common and it will work fine.