1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light problem on 22 series

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Brandon, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Brandon

Brandon Member

Bought a new 22 series plow....the right turn signal will not work. I'm no electrical engineer, but I have juice to the socket, but the bulb won't work. Bought some new ones....they don't work either. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you check the bulb socket for ground as well? Many guys forget that small but very important check.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Take it to the dealer, use your warranty. If all the other circuits are working, you might have a bad fixture. It should be covered by your warranty. Let the seller/installer deal with it.

4. Brandon

Brandon Member

Well I was hoping to fix it myself. Dealer is 45min away, and I won't be able to make it down there for at least 2 or 3 weeks.

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

check your grounds!
    do you have the eis harness lights?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Did you continuity test the bulb? just in case, had a guy on the site have 3 bad brand new 12 volt motor solenoids last season.

Turn your signal on. If you have 12v to the little round contact in the base of the fixture put the (tested;)) bulb in and put your test light to the ground side of the socket, if it flashes you are lacking a ground.

Let us know the outcome and if it doesn't work we'll try something else:D

7. Brandon

Brandon Member

Ok, like I said I'm an electrical dummy, so here goes. There's brown, red, and white wires that go to the socket. On the left signal (one that works) I only have juice on the red wire, with the bulb in. On the right side (doesn't work), I have juice to the red and brown wires....with the bulb in. Don't know what to do now?

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you read this section of the instructions it can be very confusing

Locate the right park wire on the vehicle harness.
    Using a Scotch-Lock® connector, splice the brown
    headlight adapter wire to the vehicle park wire.
    C. Locate the right park/turn common wire on the
    vehicle harness. Using a Scotch-Lock® connector,
    splice the black headlight adapter wire to the vehicle
    park/turn common wire

The common wire they refer to is the ground. I have seen installers (including mine) get the location of the black wire wrong. they hook it to the turn signal or parking light wire. Check to make sure it's correct, If they hooked it to the turn signal the signal would never work although the others would because they could use the TS circuit for a ground path.

9. Brandon

Brandon Member

Basher, I installed the wiring, so I was sure I screwed up somewhere, but I looked at both sides tonight and everything checks out. Both sides are wired the same, so now I'm really confused.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

so the black wire is grounded, next step check the continuity of the ground from the light fixture to the plug, and from the plug to the ground on the truck side. then plug the harness in and check the continuity from the ground in the light fixture to the ground at the truck.