1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light lenses

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by jkiser96, Dec 17, 2007.

1. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I just bought a Whelen Edge 9000 but I need to get amber lenses for it. Does anyone know where to get a set for reasonable price. I don't think th local police would appreciate a salt truck with red & blue strobes on top. Thanks guys.
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

eBay is probably your best bet. Buying new ones will get rather spendy. The endcaps are almost $30 each new.
  3. midwestsnowguy

midwestsnowguy Member
    from midwest

4. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I need 8 lenses to cover the strobes as well as the wig-wags. I also have an alley light out and the wig-wags on the back of the bar. #1 question is how do the halogen lights come out. #2 question which halogen buls to use & if you can get me a price on them as well. Thanks.
  5. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

6. jgibb150

jgibb150 Junior Member
    from Indiana

your local plow dealer should carry them if not try www.galls.com
  7. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

they are sold by the inch...
  8. jersey250

jersey250 Member

9. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I got mine from his website, not ebay. they were the cheapest I could find and I hunted a lot. I think it was 16.99 for a 17" stick.. The guys selling by the inch end up way more expensive.
    I have amber end caps with a square clear alley light cutout. My bar has the other kind of alley lights and an end strobe, so if anyone has an all-amber endcap they want to trade, or an amber end cap with the long horizontal alley light cutout I'll trade for either. But I don't want to sell it outright because I need something on there. With my cutout and the linear end strobe I'll have a white flash to the side.
  10. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Ranger is the best and cheapest around. Mike is very knowledgeable and helpful. I have gotten many parts for my whelen edge 9000 from him. And he is always running "used" parts specials. I got a bunch of the 4x3 strobes for $1.99 ea.. I have some of those some " J tubes" (the single corner ones) some lenses dividers and relay boards. If you need let me know and we can work something out. My email link is in my signature.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2007