1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Laws

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by The Big Push, Dec 13, 2009.

1. The Big Push

The Big Push Junior Member
    from Ontario

Does anyone up here in the Great White North (Canada, more specically Ontario) know what the laws are involving Blue lights? I've heard conflicting stories.
  2. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

blue is only to be used in combination with amber and only only municipal snow removal... or hired by the municipality.... that is for anything on road...

off road, I E in a parking lot that is not public roadway you can use which ever colour you want...

personlly i run all amber and have clear strobes in my front corner lights... the way i see it especially from behind during the summmer if im on the side of a road and i wana use my lights i don't want to get a ticket for using blue
  3. The Big Push

The Big Push Junior Member
    from Ontario

I've heard stories of the police going into parking lots and asking guys to shut off their blue lights last year, so I didn;t know what to do anymore. I've gone yellow with my four ways.