1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Issues

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jkiser96, Jan 14, 2009.

1. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I just finished the wiring on my 95' F-450 & now the headlights on the truck work on low but nothing on high beams. Has anyone had this issue & if so what caused it? Thanks guys.:gunsfiring:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Need more info...

11 or 13 pin harness?

New or used install?

Plow lights work on both hi and low?

Likey just a poor connection in the headlight adpaters or a relay that isn't tripping (if it's a 13 pin). Would be the relay with the group of blue wires..thats your hi beam relay.

3. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I have the 11 pin harness updated to 13 pin plug. I took all the plugs apart & cleaned them good but still no good. Now I have another prob. I plug the harnesses together & I have lights but no power running to the pump, I have a new solenoid & new power wires, I can't get the tower to raise or anything. I checked the big plug with the controller in float & am getting a good test there so I am narrowing it down to either a bad solenoid or bad activation wire in the harness. I had to walk away from it yesterday before bad things happened.:gunsfiring:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Start with checking the light blue/black wire on the rear of the 6 pin plow light switch with the hi beams on. This is the feed wire coming in from the stock headlight connectors where it's intercepted by the headlight adapters. If you don't have 12V there then you likely have an issue at the adapters or a broken wire in the harness.

5. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I finally got everything working good. The problem with the plow was that I needed a jumper to run from the solenoid to the fender for a ground. I thank you for all your info & help.:salute: