1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light issues

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by landscape1, Dec 29, 2011.

1. landscape1

landscape1 Junior Member

I have a 2002 f250 that I am putting a 2004 810 pp on, I installed a new truckside wiring harness, heres my problem -
    passenger side plow light doesnt work (the directional does) and the truck headlight stays on while the drivers side plow light is on and the truck light is off.
    There is no power to the plug from the truck harness that goes to the pass. side plow light.
    I tried switching the plugs and the pass. plow light came on and the pass. truck light stayed on while the drivers side now does not work and the drivers side truck light is not on either. WTHeck? relay? all truckside wires, relays, adapter kit are new.

Thanks for any help

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

3. landscape1

landscape1 Junior Member

4. dieselss

ok,,2 for each side correct?
    they get there singal power from the parking light wire. double check that and then the ground

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

grey and pink wires on pass side need better connections to truck wiring

6. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Agree with Beam. Those wires are your turn signal/running light taps. Running lights are your trigger for your relays. If you have a testlight, follow the running light wire into the bottom of your relay, you hsould have power. IIRC, it should be the 85 terminal on your relay. Switch in the truck is for ground.

7. landscape1

landscape1 Junior Member

I thought it was odd that the installation manual said to only connect the pink wire not the gray!

Thanks for your help, guys like you are what makes this site so great!!

8. dieselss

So did you get them working?? What's the outcome ??

9. landscape1

landscape1 Junior Member

Nope, still not working and now both plow lights are off and the pass, side truck light is still on.
    Do the gray wires on both sides need to be connected? The book said not to connect the gray wire on pass side but that book is for mounting to a 1999 f250 with only 3 relaysI had to buy a new harness it has 4 relays and the correct headlight plugs and a adapter kit for the headlights.
    Any other suggestions would be great.

10. dieselss

did you ck on the blizzard website for like a 2003/4 install?

11. landscape1

landscape1 Junior Member

I did check the proper install instructions for the harness i have and yes the gray wire should be connected to running lights but when connected the plow lights are off and the pass. side truck light stays on...doesnt make sense!!

12. dieselss

Did you ck for gnd inside the 6 pin headlight connector with a test light? Seems like your grounding out through the headlights

13. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Lets start with some more info:

Are the running lights working on the passenger side??
    Do the high beams work on passenger side??
    Do the high beams work on the driver's side??
    Do you have power from the headlight adaptor back into the Blizzard harness??
    Did you try flipping the low/high relays to make sure you don't have a bad one??
    Did you try grounding the relay terminal to see if headlight kicks on?? The ground wire could have a bad connection in the harness, driver's side may be OK, but not passenger.
    Let us know the outcome, and we can tell you how to procede.

14. dieselss

Ok a thought do you have plow parking lights? Do you have plow turn signals? Did you turn on the plow headlight switch on the controller?

15. landscape1

landscape1 Junior Member

Let there be light!!
    Ok so it ended up being the gray wire needing to be connected to the running light and, this is the funny part, the light switch being off on the controller.
    Thanks again for all your help now if someone could make it snow here so I can make some coin that would be greatly appreciated!!

16. dieselss

great!!!!! and 2nd the motion of SNOW