1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Issues on new 8'2" Poly VXT Install

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Snowman7, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

Looking for some help.
    I have installed and checked all wiring, The lights work as they should except for when I put the high beams on for the plow the low beams dont come on also. It is installed on a 2005 Chevy, I have four other trucks that it works just fine where the low & high beams are on at the same time,
    Any ideas on what I should look for?
  2. RRSS

RRSS Junior Member

Sounds like its missing the dual burn relay. Look under your hood and see if there is 4 or 5 relays. If there is only 4 then the dual burn one is missing. The reason I know this is cause I had a 06 8'-2" boss and now I have upgraded to a 9'-2" VXT and I had the same problem. Back in 06 when the wiring was installed this was not standard. Boss came out with the dual burn relay kit to update older plows but it is suppose to be standard install on VXTs now. If you have 5 relays something must not be hooked up right or maybe a bad relay. Best of luck.