1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light issue on 8.6 MVPultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TMBOffroad, Dec 30, 2009.

1. TMBOffroad

TMBOffroad Junior Member

So I am pulling my hair out and Dealer is a POS. Blade is only 2 years old on a '05 Dodge 2500 diesel. The problem I am having is the plow lights will not turn on all the time. When they malfunction, the truck driver side head light will run but not passenger side. On the dash in the truck light indicates "light out". Have power to turn/side markers on truck and plow, however plow turn signals have a slight flicker to them. When plow is disconnected from truck all lights work normal. I have a 3 port iso mod.

I took the plow and truck into to dealer end of last season and they claimed it was a bad wiring harness. First night plowing this season and same situation occurs. Dealer is giving smoke and mirror routine it is now outside of warranty. Looking for ideas. The closest dealer other than the local is 60 miles away.

And to add to my dealer frustration, had preseason service done and now the passenger side angle ram leaks from the weld. Same response from the dealer "its outside of warranty" which my response to that was it wasn't leaking before service and is now leaking after, must be poor workmanship.