1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light hook ups

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by vincent, Nov 2, 2008.

1. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Trying to figure this out before installing. Already have plow installed, will be using a snowex 575. On the spreader I have mounted 2 backup lights on each side. Also on the backrack, I have a code 3 rotator, with cat lights on the sides. Inside I will be using a whelen strobe below the rearview mirror.

Now I have purchased a 4 switch panel with each switch rated at 30amps.

I want to run the rotator, cat lights and inside light on its own individual switch. What would be the best way to power all the "hot wires" from each switch and lights?

I would like to run just one power wire to the battery. I'm thinking of using a 4 pin pigtail on the spreader lights and the rotator, good or bad idea? All will have an inline fuse, 30amp.

Any suggestions?
  2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

run a 4ga wire from the battery to the switch panel, then run 14ga wire to the rotor and 14ga to the back up lights. then wire in a cigarette lighter plug for the dash light.
  3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Run a 6ga positive wire to the switch panel with a 50A inline fuse or circuit breaker. The switch panel has all your fuses for each circuit, so you don't need one in line for each item. Use 12ga for the cat lights and rotator, and 14 for the dash light, assuming its a self contained strobe.

On the spreader, make sure you use a waterproof connector or its going to rot out every season.
  4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I have a feeling that BlueLine has done stuff like this before! :D :drinkup: